Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Work, work and Work

Well today start early in the morning, by sending my sis to CDC. So ma fan!!! I can't get back to sleep as still deciding whether to go thru being a Financial Consultant with Manulife... I supposed to go for interview today but last min decision its just not my cup of tea or basically i'm not into this job yet. I wanna explore myself more in the outside world.. So i called the company and cancel my appointment. She expected my call already when i called her.Its easy for me as there is no need to intro myself. Sadly explain why i cancel my appointment and she ask WHY? Don't you wanna give a chance? i know if i'm there confirm i will be in a trap and accept the job so better not be there.Hence a simple explanation and she ming bai liaoz!

Another incident where its a temp job to help out in an event. Recommended by TEow Hwee,it was fun but then a little cock up. The lady i working with is Celest. She is wonderful woman. She work alone!!! Organizing party for company. SHe tasked me to stay behind at the office - her client's office IGH at bugis, redo the powerpoint. It was such a mess...never seen a very bad presentation slides. Then she task me to put signboard for the staff to be redirect to the shuttle bus pick up point, to call the bus driver and prize giving which is later part.

I was working with Rayner badminton and Jeremy Kantan.. I thought i was the lucky wan to stay in the office. But The trouble start when i was to ask to follow them to Fort Canning Center where the event going to happen. It a DND for IGH. We got lost not knowing where is the rite plc. End up we at the Legend and we still have climb the slopes more to get to actual place. WE were carry 2 tables and a handful of stuff. Finally we found it. I supposed to take signboard from her and by the time is 4.30 pm. The staffs finish work at 5.30pm and supposed to get on the bus at 5.45 pm. It was super busy period and could not get a cab. I took 10 min to call a cab. Damn i almost give up. By the time i reach back at bugis was at 5.20pm. I haven called the bus driver and still busy putting up signboard. When i putting up the signboard, the super kuailan security make trouble by needing a proper clearence from his boss b4 the signboard been put up. I need to call Celest and make arrangement to give allowance. By then i realised i haven called the bus driver and then F*^K i lost the stupid piece of paper. This is becoz i have to shift a couple of rooms b4 i finally i get a very comfort room to finish up my work.But the room had a nice view.
I was damn kanchong...run ard to look for the bus and call all 3 of them like mad person. And the 2 buses was still not in sight. The in-charge was damn irratating keep asking me WHERE IS THE BUS? I wish i can answer him but DUH>>>i myself got no clue. Called celest and she was a bit upset and try her best to keep in contact with the bus company. I conclude that

Who's fault is it thermology

1) 1/4 Is my fault for losing the number
2) 1/2 Bus driver for miscommunication - they supposed to come at 530 pm and not 630pm
3) 1/4 Celest said Vanessa -the staff there gonna help me but she no where in sight!
4) 1/4 Me too very sleep- as the night b4 was my chalet and never sleep the whole night


Finnally the bus reached at 620pm. We make ourselves there. Then The whole thing run smoothly after that and we had a little discussion at the end of the show. Can see Celest is damn angry with me but she was indirectly blamming me but i know she dont have the heart.... she said"such an easy task also cannot do" which i agree with her- if only i never lost the number all this wont happen. I put bad image for her... Celest i am really sorry. You are a professional worker. As for myself it is bad real bad experience.... What if this is my own company and what if this is my full time job. So no more mistake next time! learn lesson very well!

No comments: